Dale H. Markowitz, Principal
Thrasher Dinsmore & Dolan
100 Seventh Ave., Suite 150
Chardon, Ohio 44024
Dale H. Markowitz
Practice Areas: Real Estate Law; Zoning; Litigation; Corporate Law; Banking Law; Municipal Law; Oil &Gas Law
"It has always been our philosophy to advise our clients what they
need to know, not what they want to hear. We constantly adhere
to the belief that we are in a service profession, and responding
quickly to our client's needs is paramount."
- Dale H. Markowitz has significant expertise counseling clients on matter related to real estate development, oil and gas leasing, land use planning, and zoning law. He advises an array of clients on such matters, including builders,real estate developers, counties, cities, and townships, and appears before planning commissions, zoning boards of appeals, township trustees and city councils throughout northern Ohio.
- Dale represents property owners in real property tax reduction appeals.
- Dale advises business clients on a wide variety of matters related to their structure, governance, management, financing, and acquisitions and sales. His practice also involves civil litigation on a host of issues confronted by businesses and their owners including shareholder disputes, trade secret issues and employment related matters.
- Dale has for many years running received the AV rating (highest available) from Martindale-Hubbell and has received the distinction since 2004 of being named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine, a project of Law and Politics and the publishers of Inside Business Magazine.
- Dale was admitted to practice in Ohio in 1975. He joined the firm in 1975 and has been a partner since 1978. He is a graduate of the Cleveland Marshall College of Law (magna cum laude, 1975) and the Ohio State University (B.S. 1972).
- Dale is a frequent seminar speaker on land use, zoning and eminent domain law.