Business Greenhouse Ventures
After teaching high school and college, working in engineering, and owning and running an international software business Mike has changed gears and is now working with Cleveland’s inner-city, neighborhood businesses in order to affect a positive impact on the community’s economy by maximizing the success of emerging businesses.
Mike is well acquainted with most all the business incubators, Micro-Finance Institutions (MFI’s), Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI’s), and other business resources in North East Ohio.
- Founder of Business Greenhouse Ventures
- Mentor at LaunchHouse
- Advisor for Geauga County Business Incubator
- Working relationships with: Bad Girl Ventures, ThRIve at Tri-C Community College, Bizdom U, and Tech Hudson
- Collaborates with WECO, ECDI, Accion USA, and Village Capital on micro-business lending
- A key member of the team to enhance the micro lending capacity in North East Ohio with the Cleveland Microenterprise Initiative.
Mike has worked in most of the major industries around the world exposing him to the operational aspects of business. Mike’s business experience has given him the perspective of the business world, with both successful and unsuccessful ventures, while his teaching career has provided him an educator’s perspective. These two experiences combined provide the unique blend necessary to maximize the mentoring necessary for today’s business owners and businesses alike.
Mike holds a BS in Computer Science and a BA in Political Science, a Certificate in Nonprofit Management, a Standard Secondary Teaching Credential and College Teaching Credential in California.